Re: [opensuse] startproc in rc scripts
  • From: Per Jessen <per@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 09 Nov 2011 14:23:08 +0100
Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

On Wed, 2011-11-09 at 08:35 +0100, Per Jessen wrote:
Roger Oberholtzer wrote:

In my case, I need the vblade server to make disk
images available on more than one ethernet interface. The docs
imply that the ethernet device given must be like 'eth0'.

I've just looked up what your vblades are for - AoE, right? YOu've
probably got a reason for needing AoE, so this might not help you
much, apologies in advance, but with iSCSI you'd only have one
target-daemon.

I use KIWI to make diskless versions of openSUSE. In our system, these
run in diskless computers that boot via PXE. Having booted, they need
a root file system. In fact, all diskless systems share the same root
file on the boot server, which is provided via vblade. They do not
modify this root image. All changes are in RAM on the diskless
machine, When they reboot all is fresh.

We use these systems to do things like manage special hardware
(VME-bus access, JPEG2000 hardware compression cards, etc.). It is
really great not having to install an operating system on these slave
systems. Add the proper entry to dhcpd.conf and you have a new data
collection computer.

I recognise the setup, I have a fairly similar one, but for a number of
storage servers. I serve the root filesystem via NFS though. (and I
use iSCSI, not AoE).

--
Per Jessen, Zürich (11.0°C)