Re: [opensuse] how can i set wwwoffle?
* Linux Tyro <opensuse.bkn1@xxxxxxxxx> [11-05-11 23:31]:
On Sat, Nov 5, 2011 at 11:22 PM, Patrick Shanahan <paka@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

the man pages suggest:  wwwoffle -O http://<some.url>
the url must have been cached, ie: retrieved when you were online

Step by step it is like:

1. Just installed wwwoffle (from yast)
2. I am visiting:
http://www.ThisPageIWantToSeeOfflineAlsoSinceItisRequriedOften.com
3. wwwoffle -O
http://www.ThisPageIWantToSeeOfflineAlsoSinceItisRequriedOften.com
(while I am visiting the page)
4. I am ready to view it offline

Is it like that? 'url must have been cached' means that, while I surf,
I should run that command just after surfing without clearing the
history?

as I understand the man pages, issue:
wwwoffle -O http://SomePage
and it will be fetched when you go online
and/or displayed when you are offline
fetching it cashes it.

wwwoffle allows one to request various http pages when offline, fetches
(caches) them for you when your computer is online, and then they are
available for you to view at your discretion.
ie: 1) provide wwwoffle a group/list of pages you wish to view
2) script your computer to go online sometime (maybe at night while
you sleep) and wwwoffle to fetch the pages then.
3) view the pages at your leisure.

when I was on dial-up, I did something similar, especially for long
downloads (programs, email, system updates, ...).

note: wwwoffle provides a web access page to file your requests and to
set the function time. http://localhost:8080/control

ps: reading the man pages will provide you with the same information. I
have never personally used this application.