Re: [opensuse] What happened? - now I have an extra hard drive
On Sat, 05 Nov 2011 17:14:10 +1100
Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have my home directory encrypted.

A couple of hours ago I did an update of my installation (11.4,
32-bit, KDE) which included an update to the kernel and what-ever and
now suddenly my encrypted home directory shows up(in the taskbar) as
a separate, mounted, device. Also, it shows up in Dolphin twice: as a
362GB Encrypted Container and again as a 362GB Hard Drive.

Is this something which was an intended result of the updates or is
it something which has gone awry? Anyone know?

BC

Hi Basil,

If "I did an update" describes a normal, plain vanilla, 'online
update' to fetch and install security & bug patches, did you remember to
restart the system after the kernel update?

If "I did an update" describes an effective change of distribution from
the stock 11.4 + normal updates to something different, like Tumbleweed
or Trinity, etc., that's another matter, entirely, and only you can
answer your question in the subject line, "What happened?" :-)

And you neglected to mention which KDE version.

regards,

Carl