Re: [opensuse] Weird network issue
On Fri, 04 Nov 2011 13:17:39 -0400
Ken Schneider - openSUSE <suse-list3@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On 11/04/2011 12:05 PM, Rich Coe pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
On Fri, 04 Nov 2011 10:04:27 +0100
Per Jessen<per@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Rich Coe wrote:

I found the issue. For whatever reason why it doesn't happen on 11.4,
an incoming ICMP Redirect message is coming from the gateway to direct
all traffic to a new gateway.

I only disabled it because the 'route' isn't getting flushed from the
network stack when the network entry is removed.

The redirect poisoned the network stack since I can't connect to the
remote host unless I'm on the network where the redirect originated.

R.

/usr/sbin/routef might be of some help.
Ken Schneider

That didn't work. And my work-around of setting
net.ipv4.conf.all.accept_redirects = 0
doesn't work either.

R.
--