Re: KDE4/kmail prevent reply quote of full e-mail [ was Re: [opensuse] Post installation queries (FIRST successful installation of Linux)]
Am Freitag, 4. November 2011, 13:47:27 schrieb David C. Rankin:
The template for a response can be edited in in the mail settings
(editor
settings, templates) which show me a %OFROMNAME not a %OFROMADDR
for the response.

Martin,

Thanks. I know in the past when I beta'ed kde4, I saw this behavior and I
had to turn it off.
Strange, I use it for at least 8 years (kde 3.x and all versions of 4.x which
was real fun in a sarcastic sense), but I can remeber that some versions
simply had no templates at all which I could use or threw away my existing
ones and all such things.
I can imagine that what you describe is of course possible.
You are lucky that your templates seem to be a bit more
sane.
As I said I had all kinds of oddities over the years not only with templates,
but luckily not the desribed one.
I wonder if the OP's install from the live CD had anything to do with
it? I know kdepim/kmail2 has been very fluid lately.
The OP uses gmail so it is not kmail at all.

How to change that in kmail I tried to point to in my last mail, the editor
settings and the templates there are directly accessible via the menu, but as
the OP already told us that he/she had to change it in gmail not kmail.

So I close now my off topic comment on that issue, I do not intend to hijack
this thread.