Re: [opensuse] Post installation queries ...
Am Freitag, 4. November 2011, 14:01:51 schrieb Linux Tyro:
On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 12:36 PM, Martin Helm wrote:
You also do not need the videolan repo for vlc, since vlc is also
shipped via packman (I use that vlc version from packman).

I have added both the URLs, viz.,

Videolan Repository
- http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/SuSE/11.4/

Packman Repository
- http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/packman/suse/openSUSE_11.4/

And installed the VLC media player (after putting it in search field).
Now music files of all format are working in it (like, .mp4, .flv,
.mpg, .mpeg, .DAT, .mp3). But I really didn't know (but there must be
some method) from which location was this VLC installed from Packman
or the other one, but now I have removed the Videolan repository URL,
and VLC is still working. Does this necessarily mean that VLC was
installed from Packman repository?

No, when a repository is removed no package from it will be uninstalled and no
package will swith its vendor.
Simply open yast software management and search for vlc, in the versions tab
you can see from which repository it is.