Re: [opensuse] Post installation queries ...
On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 12:36 PM, Martin Helm wrote:

You also do not need the videolan repo for vlc, since vlc is also shipped via
packman (I use that vlc version from packman).

I have added both the URLs, viz.,

Videolan Repository
- http://download.videolan.org/pub/videolan/vlc/SuSE/11.4/

Packman Repository
- http://ftp.gwdg.de/pub/linux/misc/packman/suse/openSUSE_11.4/

And installed the VLC media player (after putting it in search field).
Now music files of all format are working in it (like, .mp4, .flv,
.mpg, .mpeg, .DAT, .mp3). But I really didn't know (but there must be
some method) from which location was this VLC installed from Packman
or the other one, but now I have removed the Videolan repository URL,
and VLC is still working. Does this necessarily mean that VLC was
installed from Packman repository?

--
THX