Re: [opensuse] Post installation queries (FIRST successful installation of Linux)
On 11/04/2011 09:46 AM, Linux Tyro wrote:
On Fri, Nov 4, 2011 at 9:22 AM, David C. Rankin
<drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I presume you have some sort of GUI desktop in front of you

I am having KDE desktop and other details are architecture as x86_64
with openSUSE 11.4 (installed via Live CD).

Good, that probably means you are using kmail as the mail program. It mows the grass, but I prefer thunderbird... kmail on kde4 is still under heavy development. Just be glad you have kde 4.6.x or 4.7.x, as kde 4.0.x through 4.5.x were -- challenging -- to put it mildly...

Check the settings in kmail and find out where to turn off the quoting on the full e-mail in your replies -- see above..^^^ It should be under the options of what to quote in replies and forwards. I don't have kde4, so others will have to tell you exactly which setting controls this, but you are likely to draw a bit of ire from other users if you don't fix it :)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.