Re: [opensuse] Skype and obsolete setsockopt
Am Freitag, 4. November 2011, 09:46:12 schrieb Ken Schneider - openSUSE:

Oh it's not a question of if, only when. That is, and always has been,
the MS modisoperandi.
MS does not even need to kill it actively, it is just a question of time when
the proprietary skype protocoll changes (does not need to be an agressive act,
just a technical improvement is enough) and then all old skype versions will
no longer be functional. The existing linux version of skype is anyway so
outdated compared to the win version that I always wonder this did not happen
already.
As a side note, I saw that my colleagues in the office who use skype on windows
are more and more unpleased with it (I do not know exactly why, I have to ask)
and look actively for alternatives.