Re: [opensuse] Post installation queries (FIRST successful installation of Linux)

Well, I guess the passwords of the superuser ('root') and this created
'user' (during installation) is same until I manually change the root
password but the two users are, of course, different. I guess it is
like this....? I just see how to change the root password.

And how do you change the root password?

Have you read the 'passwd' man page?

How does the command differ if ..

a) you run it when logged in as a non-root user
b) you run it with the name of a user as a parameter?

PLEASE read the man pages. http://tinyurl.com/qolv
PLEASE use 'apropos' with a few keywords to find man pages that might be
relevant.

When I google for "password suse" the first hit is
"How do i set password in Suse Linux"

Go google!

We prefer 'what does the man page mean when it says ..." type
questions to ones that could be answered simply by reading the man page
or experimenting with command, or reading the docs under /usr/share for
yourself.

http://imgs.xkcd.com/comics/rtfm.png

You'll learn better by trying things for yourself.
As I said, *NIX is about pattens, ways of doing things, rather than the
rote learning associated with Windows administration.

--
I'm sure you remember Richard Clarke, the one-time special adviser to
the president on cybersecurity saying:

"If you spend more on coffee than on IT security, then you will be
hacked. What's more, you deserve to be hacked."

So we ask the "obvious" question:

What kind of coffee is so good that you'd spend more on it
than on IT security?