Re: [opensuse] Basic learning tutorials query
On 11/02/2011 09:20 AM, Anton Aylward pecked at the keyboard and wrote:
Linux Tyro said the following on 11/02/2011 09:02 AM:

On Wed, Nov 2, 2011 at 5:41 PM, Anton Aylward<opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Redhat, mandriva, suse, mint .. use RPM packaging

Debian, ubuntu .. use deb packaging.

Ok, got about these package management tools.

*sigh*
Its about tools; its about the business decisions as to which packing to
go with.
Once you make that decision as a distributor all else follows.

It is NOT "If its RPM it must be redhat".
Its that Redhat decided to go with RPM.
Once Redhat made that decision they developed their tools.

Actually it was Redhat that created RPM, Redhat Package Manager. And I may be wrong here but I think it was one of the first package managers created that helped make linux easier to use.

To the OP, just install openSuSE and then start asking your many help question that you _will_ have.

--
Ken Schneider
SuSe since Version 5.2, June 1998