Re: [opensuse] small installation help
On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 5:31 PM, Anton Aylward
<opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Tyro says he's excited by such matters as 'a secure environment'.

What I meant by 'a secure environment' is that using Windows was not
that secured and that now I realize, even without learning Linux! I
feel exciting, that how secured would I be feeling at the time when I
would have learned the Linux, a great discover!

As I keep saying, the effort and complication required to add another
partition and file system at installation time is trivial and the
benefits are non trivial.

Correct, I just go with a suggested reading before doing anything like that.

"Beginner" does not mean "Stupid" or incapable or learning.
He has to "take the training wheels off" sometime.

I do agree with you.

This isn't throwing him in the deep end; we've given him a great deal of
material and references and encouraged experimentation.  We should be
positive about him progressing.

Adding /tmp at installation is a small step.

I definitely try that.

On Mon, Oct 31, 2011 at 6:19 PM, Anton Aylward