Re: [opensuse] small installation help
On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 10:51 PM, James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The installation will suggest a partition layout.  It will generally be a
good choice and is certainly the easiest way to go.

I am only worried for ... how would I recognize that it is the Ubuntu
one and I have to only format this one.

separate for root (/) and home (/home), is good (as you all say), but
separate for each like /boot, /tmp, /usr, ... should be done like
this...? I am really messed up with all this -- I consider Linux to be
very best, but installing first time and with experience it highly
troublesome...

Still I try.

Okay, installer is smart enough to know all this things, and I would
go with the default options only, but I was trying to know somehow
what exactly was the purpose of having separate partitions and how
does it help....

--
Thx.