Re: [opensuse] Can I ask something...?
On Sun, Oct 30, 2011 at 6:09 PM, James Knott <james.knott@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That's exactly what I mean.  I place the .ISO file in a suitable directory
and then add it as a repository.  Another possibility is to loop back mount
the ISO file.  It then appears as a regular directory that can be shared
over the network for use by other computers.  I've done that several times
so that I could do a net install, without having to go out to the Internet.
 This comes in handy if you're setting up several computers, such as in a
business.  You place the ISO file on a server, loop back mount it and then
share via NFS, Samba etc.  Then you use the net install CD, which connects
to that server for all the install files.  After the installation, that
server should automagically appear in the list of repositories.

One thing you learn, after running Linux for a while, is how much Windows
ties your hands when you want to do something.  Linux (and Unix) is
extremely flexible and, for most people, all the software is free.  I
recently bought a ThinkPad E520.  It came with Windows 7 and I installed
openSUSE 12.1 beta RC1 on it.  Other than an issue getting the WiFi going,
it's been very easy to work with (though I don't care for KDE4, compared to
KDE3).  On the other hand, W7 is irritating because it so often gets in the
way of trying to do something.

Yes but I ran only one PC and that too for personal use. I guess now
mounting it in this way and using the system like this is a typical
(at least for me) way. However, it could be updated weekly/monthly and
I would find it more suitable since only one PC the later way paves a
better road (according to me, I may be wrong).

--
Thx.