Re: [opensuse] Re: [open OFF LIST suse] Can I ask something...?
On Saturday 29 Oct 2011 22:52:09 Rajko M. wrote:
On Friday, October 28, 2011 11:44:32 AM Linux Tyro wrote:
On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 9:10 PM, Anton Aylward

<opensuse@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Is is advisable to Google

Of course, that is correct but what I have heard is that openSUSE
mailing list is one of the most supporting mailing lists.

I think that is correct comparing to some other that I had chance to read,
but we can't elaborate every answer, nor it makes sense to repeat what is
already extensively written about.

Although, just using Google can confuse people as many articles that talk
about problems are written some time ago and have information that one has
to carefully check is it valid. For inexperienced users that might be
frustrating experience.

I'm an inexperienced user by the standards on this list. My main problem is in
how to ask a question. I think many others have that problem too. The problem
I find with Google is that it does not contain up to date information. An
issue I had recently was connecting an ubuntu client to an opensuse ldap
server. This just isn't covered on google. I have no idea how I could word a
question to this list about that. This list is excellent. It has saved me
money and is teaching me how to ask questions.

L x