Re: [opensuse] Can I ask something...?
On Fri, 2011-10-28 at 18:50 +0200, Togan Muftuoglu wrote:
On 10/28/2011 06:42 PM, Linux Tyro wrote:
On Fri, Oct 28, 2011 at 9:09 PM, Robert Schweikert <rjschwei@xxxxxxxx>
wrote:
ok. Well, I just wanted to ask if the new release period could be
increased (just a suggestion) from 8 months to something like a year,
so that we (not from technical side) can all have a good grasp at the
OS/distro, can know something about it before any new thing come into
picture... However, it's just a question of 'if' this is a possibility
or not...!
Upgrade is not obligatory,

+1 I'm probably considered a very technical user - and I don't upgrade
right away [I have work to do!]

Of course you want to upgrade eventually. But waiting a few months is
certainly reasonable. Previous versions will continue to receive
important updates for awhile.

I am running versions back to 11.1 on a daily
basis and some of the are web and mail servers. So you do not have to
update to the new version every 8 months or so