[opensuse] Interesting KDE 4.7 X server problems
Hi Folks,

A few days ago I did a zypper dup against the KDE:/Release:/47/openSUSE_11.4/
repository and boy howdy, the pasta really it the fan! I initially had an ATI
adapter and
after the upgrade kdm would crash, as would xstart after Xorg was made suid
root.

After flailing around and making negative progress I decided to retire the
whole desktop
and made a new installation on a second system with an NVIDIA adapter. After
the same
update to 4.7 kdm was crashing again, as was X started manually. The
Xorg.0.log log didn't
have any "EE" errors, X just blinked out of existence.

After more flailing about I discovered that X failed ONLY for users who listed
tcsh as
their default login shell! Bash users worked fine after issuing "startx". Kdm
is still
borked.

So X has an issue when being started from the tcsh shell. Think this is worth
filing
a bug report? Anyone else seen it?

Regards,
Lew