Re: [opensuse] k9copy
  • From: Jay Vollmer <jaycvollmer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 20:38:24 -0500
On Thu, Oct 27, 2011 at 8:05 PM, Basil Chupin <blchupin@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
I have been using k9copy for some time. Recently I tried to use it[1] but
there was no audio on the backup of a new DVD I bought. I wrote the author
(twice) but received no response. Today I learnt that the development of
k9copy has been terminated (a notice on sourceforge) and there is also this
entry in wikipedia: "Development of K9Copy was stopped in 2011 with the
author citing the fragmentation of Linux as a major issue.".

Does anyone know, please, of a replacement application for k9copy (to be
used with, say, openSUSE)?

[1] oS 32-bit 11.4 with KDE 4.7.x and kernel 3.1.x.

You might consider vobcopy or handbrake.

--
JAY VOLLMER
I write technical manuals; therefore, I am a manual laborer