Re: [opensuse] Remote files using SSHFS without mounting
  • From: Will Stephenson <wstephenson@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 15:27:53 +0200
On Thursday 27 Oct 2011 08:23:51 Anton Aylward wrote:
I know about SSHFS.
I know how to mount using FUSE and all that.
This isn't what I'm asking about.

I'm asking how to access a file on the command line without mounting.

I can run

$ scp localfile anton@remotesystem:remotefile

You can do it with the magic of KIO. I haven't tried it outside of an X
session and you may need to launch a dbus session if none is running.

kioclient copy file:///path/to/localfile sftp://anton@remotesystem:remotefile
What I want to do is that in a general sense, for example

$ diff localfile anton@remotesystem:remotefile

diff <(kioclient cat file:///home/wstephens/foo)
<(sftp://anton@remotesystem:remotefile)

etc

Will
--
Will Stephenson, openSUSE Team
SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, GF: Jeff Hawn, Jennifer Guild, Felix Imend├Ârffer,