[opensuse] Remote files using SSHFS without mounting
I know about SSHFS.
I know how to mount using FUSE and all that.
This isn't what I'm asking about.

I'm asking how to access a file on the command line without mounting.

I can run

$ scp localfile anton@remotesystem:remotefile

What I want to do is that in a general sense, for example

$ diff localfile anton@remotesystem:remotefile
or
$ tail anton@remotesystem:remotefile

WITHOUT MOUNTING THE REMOTE FILE SYSTEM!

Yes, I've googled and there is a tremendous amount of stuff abut
mounting. I got tired of paging through it all.

This strikes me as such an obviously and useful mode of operation,
surely someone has met this before.

--
What is wanted is not the will to believe, but the will to find out,
which is the exact opposite.