Re: [opensuse] Camtasia equivalent
On Mon, 2011-10-24 at 15:22 +0200, C wrote:
2011/10/24 Oszkó Albert <oszko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Hi all
One of my colleagues occasionally sends me fine videos about the usage of a
special software. I asked him what did he use and he sent me
http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia/
It is a screen recording and editing software. Can you suggest something
similar that can be used in openSUSE?
RecordMyDesktop is pretty decent (with both a GTK and QT front end)
for recording screen casts. It's in the repos for openSUSE... see
http://recordmydesktop.sourceforge.net/about.php for details. I've
used it on a few occasions, and it did a very good job of recording
what was happening on screen.

Screen 'cast' recording is an integrated feature in GNOME 3.