Re: [opensuse] Thunderbird-problem
Am 25.10.2011 19:28, schrieb John Andersen:
I have never understood the multiple identity per account option, and I
don't thing that is what
you want to do. I think its a hold over from days when people could
only have one account
from their ISP and had to share it between the user and spouse or family
members.

I know some examples where I still want that. I have different local
aliases for my email address and certainly don't want them to end up in
different mail accounts.

Thunderbird handles separate accounts quite nicely. It will show you a
"consolidated inbox" if you want, but its just an illusion to save you from
having to open up different email accounts to read all your inbound.
Behind the scenes
everything is kept separate.

That's true. Thunderbird helps you with both. Nothing bad about it.

When you send from your opensuse account it looks like its from opensuse
because it is.
When you send from hotmail is goes thru hotmail only. Return addresses,
From fields
all are account specific.

Separate accounts.
Separate inboxes
separate pop/imap servers
separate outbound smtp servers.

This immediately fails in this example since there is no email account
set up for the community @opensuse.org addresses. It's only an alias to
an existing account so the only way to send mail with that address is to
use an "identity".

Wolfgang