Re: [opensuse] Postfix/dovecot - allow relay from phone - How??
On 10/24/2011 03:44 PM, David C. Rankin wrote:
On 10/24/2011 02:46 PM, Lew Wolfgang wrote:
Hi David,

A couple of factors are at play here. (I hope I get this right)

First, you have to authenticate yourself to your mail server if you
want to relay mail. If you allow anonymous connections, spammers
will have their way with your server. But, sending usernames and
passwords in the clear over port 25 is also a risk, so you need to
wrap your authentication dialog with SSL/TLS.

Alright, that explains the port 587 need. Done (master.cf):

submission inet n - n - - smtpd
-o smtpd_tls_security_level=encrypt
-o smtpd_sasl_auth_enable=yes
-o milter_macro_daemon_name=ORIGINATING

OK,

I'm getting warmer, it looks like I have TLS cert problems. I'll go try and fix the certs and see how I make out. I should have more time tomorrow. We will do a write up once I get this sorted. (right now it is simply a forrest-for-the-trees issue.

Any and all help welcome :) Thanks Lew...

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.