Re: [opensuse] Camtasia equivalent
On Mon, 24 Oct 2011 15:13:46 +0200
Oszkó Albert <oszko@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi all,

One of my colleagues occasionally sends me fine videos about the
usage of a special software. I asked him what did he use and he sent
me http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia/
It is a screen recording and editing software. Can you suggest
something similar that can be used in openSUSE?

Thanks: OszkoA

Hi OszkoA,

For capturing: I use 'XVidCap Screen Capture' (/usr/bin/xvidcap) for
desktop / screen recording and 'padsp' (/usr/bin/padsp, provided by
pulseaudio-utils) to capture system audio. They're launched via
commandline as "user@linux:~> padsp xvidcap &" Flexible and easy.

For modest editing, I use kino (save often) :-) and, for more
complex edits and effects, Cinelerra.

hth & regards,

Carl