[opensuse] editing libreoffice file on samba share
If I open a samba share in Dolphin:

smb://hh1/stuff

and then click to open a libreoffice file:

1. It opens a cached copy of the file from /var/tmp/kdecache-user to edit.
Saving the file saves the cached copy, not the original file.

2. No lock file is created.

3. When I leave libre office it tells me the file has been changed and do I
want to upload it.

Hopeless for sharing the file as anyone can work on the cached copy

It works as expected if the file is on an NFS share. If the file is open,
subsequent clicks give a read only copy and you can see the dot file created
as a lock.

I think the problem is that Samba does not accept the characters used to name
the lock file but articles on this are misleading. Does anyone know a
workaround or a fix? 11.4 server and client.

Thanks. L x