[opensuse] Re: Web design problems
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 01:19:16 +0000 (UTC)
On Mon, 17 Oct 2011 23:51:39 -0500, Rajko M. wrote:

On Monday, October 17, 2011 10:51:24 PM Jim Henderson wrote:

That would really help get things moving forward, I think - Rajko, what
do you think?

Starting from scratch is possible, but it is huge task that will not
work without consensus from many involved. There are multiple web sites
with different software behind and current status, even when not
perfect, is result of a lot of work.

All of that is true. We really need to find a good CSS expert who can
design something that's lightweight and works more or less universally
without a lot of tweaking.

I think probably the best approach is to find someone with the necessary
skills, have them develop something with a similar look and feel to what
we have (without the accessibility issues), and use that as a base. If
we start by trying to redesign the entire CSS from scratch and by
committee, it'll never get done.

As Felix mentioned it will require long term devotion and quite good
skills to redesign that all.

Indeed.

Perhaps best to move this over to the web list as discussed elsewhere in
this thread.

Jim
--
Jim Henderson