[opensuse] samba share create mask
Hi everyone.

Finally getting some sense out of Samba.

The [homes] share is working fine. Users are prompted for a password when
using Dolphin eg:

smb://hh1/lynn2

BUT:

Trying to access the [stuff] share prompts for a password but ignores the
create mask 0777. The file is not created universal rw.

What am I doing wrong? Also, can I have stuff+ without a login? I want it to
work as a sort of Dropbox.

Thanks. L x

11.4 with apparmor disabled. Here is /etc/samba/smb.conf:
[global]
add machine script = /sbin/yast /usr/share/YaST2/data/add_machine.ycp
%m$
domain logons = Yes
domain master = Yes
idmap backend = ldap:ldap://127.0.0.1
ldap admin dn = cn=admin,dc=com
ldap delete dn = No
ldap group suffix = ou=group
ldap idmap suffix = ou=Idmap
ldap machine suffix = ou=Machines
ldap passwd sync = Yes
ldap replication sleep = 1000
ldap ssl = No
ldap suffix = dc=com
ldap timeout = 5
ldap user suffix = ou=people
passdb backend = ldapsam:ldap://127.0.0.1
security = user
wins support = No
workgroup = hh1
local master = Yes