Re: [opensuse] Re: private repositories
Hello,

On Mon, 17 Oct 2011, Patrick Shanahan wrote:
* Chuck Davis <cjgunzel@xxxxxxxxx> [10-17-11 19:55]:
Is there an article explaining how to set up a repository system for a
group of users so that only one (the server) machine has to access the
standard repositories? I've spent some time on Google but have not
found such instructions. Thanks in advance for direction to a link.

createrepo does that for me locally.
the only "instructions" I am aware of is the man pages.

I've found (for my /usr/src/packages/RPM) that plain "dir" works
better. I.e.:

==== /etc/zypp/repos.d/usr-src-packages.repo ====
[usr-src-packages]
name=usr-src-packages
enabled=1
autorefresh=1
baseurl=dir:///usr/src/packages/RPMS
path=/
type=plaindir
priority=90
keeppackages=0
====

(note the keeppackages=0 which avoids file duplication)

So, if you want a server to host a repo for a local net, you could
export e.g. /var/cache/zypp/packages/<REPO> or whereever you want to
keep the packages via NFS and (on the clients) use the dir:/// url on
the mounted NFS-dir. Or use the nfs:/// baseurl for zypp, but I don't
know if you need a .repo and metadata then (which you'd have to create
and update with createrepo).

HTH,
-dnh

--