Re: [opensuse] Mail Mystery
  • From: Anders Johansson <ajh@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Oct 2011 01:06:31 +0200
On Thursday 13 October 2011 18:58:06 Mark Misulich wrote:
Hi,
I just did a quick look at Jeff's email address in my list. It is a
different address than the darktuek@xxxxxxxxx address, and the gmail
address isn't listed as an alternate.

The address list in Thunderbird lists three different address lists.
They are "Personal Address Book", my complete list of addresses that I
use that I update regularly and backup on CD which I have named "LDIF",
and another list called "Collected Addresses". Jeff's name and address
only appears in my maintained LDIF list.

There are no addresses or names in Personal address list, its empty.

In collected addresses, there are names and addresses, but nothing under
Jeff Cox or darktuek...

In my LDIF list, Jeff has a different address and darktuek... produces
nothing, no response.

Well, I can't see your data, so I can't say what's wrong, but since the
address is in that spreadsheet, it didn't just come from the clear blue sky.
It must be in there somewhere.

Are you sure it isn't a remnant from some old setup? Perhaps you've created an
alias somewhere that gets invoked when you send mail to the mailing list

Or maybe another address gets transparently forwarded to that gmail address?!
I'd expect the headers in the error email you got to show that though
(something like an original-to header)

Anders