[Solved] was Re: [opensuse] Firefox 7.0 on 11.4 - how to get mouseover URL back in status bar??
On 10/05/2011 04:53 AM, Dave Howorth wrote:
David C. Rankin wrote:
In FF 7.0 on 11.4, when I hover over a link, the URL displays in the
bottom of the browser window instead of in the normal bottom status bar.
This is horrible.

FWIW, I agree 100% What a waste of some developer's time!

Hah!

Looking at FF 7.0.1 in Arch, the URL's for links you mouse-over ARE shown in the bottom status bar and NOT in the main window. When I click 'customize' on the bottom toolbar in Arch, the field is shown as 'status text' and it provides the old behavior of showing the URL in the toolbar and not in the bottom left corner of the viewer window.

Duh! There is an extension that does this for you. It's called Status-4-Evar.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/status-4-evar/?src=search

Just install it and you get the status-text back in the bar where it is supposed to be. Sometimes moving things just for the "gee-whiz I can put it here" reason really screws things up.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.