Re: [opensuse] Confused by K-9 on android
On 10/9/2011 5:49 AM, Greg Freemyer wrote:
In K-9 I created the below email as a response to a question on the factory
list. (I only use K-9 for posting to mailing lists, so not that often.)

In K-9's email listing, the below appears as one e-mail and all is good.

But when I change to the google provided gmail app, the below shows up as 3
different emails. The first has about a third of the below edited in. Then
the second has that third, plus a third more. And the third one is the below
final email.

I only hit send once and again, K-9 shows it as only one email.

K-9 is akin to a normal Mail application, like KDE or Thunderbird with
threading turned off.
It works just like those do, where each mail is shown as a separate entity.

Google's GMAIL app is custom designed for GMAIL's eccentricity. It insists on
showing you
your email in "conversations" (Threaded view).

This is the way Gmail's web interface has always worked. The web mail only
gained
the ability to turn off conversation view about this time last year, but it does
not yet apply to the Android version.
See this story:
http://blogs.computerworld.com/17061/google_gmail_conversation_view

So each program is working as it was intended.