Re: [opensuse] kmail and dovecot
On Monday 10 Oct 2011 14:15:10 Rodney Baker wrote:
On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 22:32:22 eddie wrote:
Hi All

I am using dovecot 2.0.13 and kmail 1.13.6. I'm having difficult
accessing the inbox on the email server. If I log out of my account and
then back in again, I can start kmail and access my inbox. A few
minutes later there is a message that kmail has lost connection with the
server and the only way back in to the inbox is to log out and in again.

I have my mobile phone connected to the server and it seems to have no
problem accessing the inbox. So I believe that it is something to do
with kmail. I am using tls. When I telnet to port 143, it connects and
says that the server is ready. However, in kmail (which is set to port
143) it just hangs with the message
"Retrieving Folder Contents
Please wait . . ."

Oh and one other thing, the server and my desktop account are running on
the same machine.

Has anyone got any ideas what is wrong? I'd be grateful for any
assistance.

Many thanks
Eddie

Oddly enough, I have to do /etc/rcdovecot restart every time I reboot my
box (which isn't often, thankfully), otherwise kmail complains with
exactly the same message. Once dovecot is restarted though, it doesn't
usually fail. Not sure where the issue lies, but it hasn't bothered me
enough to try to find the cause.

When I sent my message I had set the port to 143 but I hadn't restarted kmail.
I've done that now and so far I haven't had any problems. So hopefully,
problem solved.

Eddie