Re: [opensuse] kmail and dovecot
On Mon, 10 Oct 2011 22:32:22 eddie wrote:
Hi All

I am using dovecot 2.0.13 and kmail 1.13.6. I'm having difficult accessing
the inbox on the email server. If I log out of my account and then back in
again, I can start kmail and access my inbox. A few minutes later there is
a message that kmail has lost connection with the server and the only way
back in to the inbox is to log out and in again.

I have my mobile phone connected to the server and it seems to have no
problem accessing the inbox. So I believe that it is something to do with
kmail. I am using tls. When I telnet to port 143, it connects and says
that the server is ready. However, in kmail (which is set to port 143) it
just hangs with the message
"Retrieving Folder Contents
Please wait . . ."

Oh and one other thing, the server and my desktop account are running on
the same machine.

Has anyone got any ideas what is wrong? I'd be grateful for any
assistance.

Many thanks
Eddie

Oddly enough, I have to do /etc/rcdovecot restart every time I reboot my box
(which isn't often, thankfully), otherwise kmail complains with exactly the
same message. Once dovecot is restarted though, it doesn't usually fail. Not
sure where the issue lies, but it hasn't bothered me enough to try to find the
cause.