[opensuse] kmail and dovecot
Hi All

I am using dovecot 2.0.13 and kmail 1.13.6. I'm having difficult accessing
the inbox on the email server. If I log out of my account and then back in
again, I can start kmail and access my inbox. A few minutes later there is a
message that kmail has lost connection with the server and the only way back
in to the inbox is to log out and in again.

I have my mobile phone connected to the server and it seems to have no problem
accessing the inbox. So I believe that it is something to do with kmail. I
am using tls. When I telnet to port 143, it connects and says that the server
is ready. However, in kmail (which is set to port 143) it just hangs with the
message
"Retrieving Folder Contents
Please wait . . ."

Oh and one other thing, the server and my desktop account are running on the
same machine.

Has anyone got any ideas what is wrong? I'd be grateful for any assistance.

Many thanks
Eddie