[opensuse] Re: Web design problems [was: Re: help forum no help getting printer to print]
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2011 21:09:26 +0000 (UTC)
On Sat, 08 Oct 2011 13:19:03 -0500, Rajko M. wrote:

On Friday, October 07, 2011 10:56:25 PM Jim Henderson wrote:

I guess the underlying question then becomes who is responsible for
maintaining the CSS.

We all :)
Which as usually converts to no one.

CBoltz is trying to initiate some activity for the wiki CSS, which will
make css file even bigger, but pages will be more uniform. Response is
not inspiring and that is his second attempt to improve wiki
templates/css.

I don't live from any web or IT related activity, so I can't be
effective as people that do that for living. On things that I can't give
a patch, which is majority, I file a bug report with enough details to
reproduce. After some time and few answers that are looking for someone
else to jump in, I got tired even from reporting.

In this list I see a lot of people willing to help and not too many with
skills:
https://connect.opensuse.org/pg/groups/14751/wiki-maintainers/
http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Wiki_team#Members

Hmmm, interesting. That would explain the lack of movement on it.

Looks like some recruitment might be in order - but I wonder where the
code originated from.

Jim

--
Jim Henderson