[opensuse] Re: help forum no help getting printer to print
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 8 Oct 2011 03:56:25 +0000 (UTC)
On Fri, 07 Oct 2011 19:38:06 -0500, Rajko M. wrote:

On Friday, October 07, 2011 01:20:08 PM Jim Henderson wrote:
That seems a fair complaint. I'm not quite sure how it relates to the
mess that you saw in that forum post, though.

Usual way to get in a trouble is when room for text is defined in px
instead of em.

Definition in px instructs browser to reserve absolute height value for
text line, instead of relative like it is with em. Text will look good
only if character is smaller then allotted space, if it is bigger lines
are written one over another.

And I have to agree that our css (wiki) is monster. I lost time trying
to locate code that defines some css elements that are not properly
rendered in the wiki, and gave up. It requires web page pro to decipher
it, not amateurs.

I guess the underlying question then becomes who is responsible for
maintaining the CSS.

Jim

--
Jim Henderson