Re: [opensuse] cinelerra on 11.4 won't render though ffmpeg pipe. Work OK with mpeg2enc pipe??
On 10/05/2011 07:13 PM, Carl Hartung wrote:
On Wed, 5 Oct 2011 23:11:17 +0200
David Haller<dnh@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello,

On Wed, 05 Oct 2011, David C. Rankin wrote:
09:09 alchemy:~/mmedia/video/res/still> ffmpeg -f image2 -i
black*.jpg video.mpg

FWIW as an alternative:

mencoder -of mpeg -mpegopts=format=dvd -fps 0.5 -ofps 25 -mf fps=25 \
-ovc lavc -lavcopts vcodec=mpeg2video \
-vf harddup -o video.mpg 'mf://black*.jpg'

Use other -ofps OFPS / -mf fps=OFPS values for ntsc, the parameter
-fps IPFS controls how long each picture is shown, i.e.

IFPS = 1 / SECONDS_TO_SHOW_PIC

here, IFPS = 1 / 2 = 0.5.

HTH,
-dnh

Thanks for the tips, David. I just /love/ adding stuff like this to my
cli examples / snippets / cheat sheet directory. :-)

regards,

Carl

+1

David, Carl,

I have a work-around, but no direct solution yet. I haven't had time to fully test, but there were new cinelerra and ffmpeg packages out today on Arch. On opensuse, I can export to raw dv and then use ffmpeg on the command line to encode to dvd - works fine. Just the simple 'ffmpeg -i <infile.dv> -y -target ntsc-dvd <outfile.mpg>' I still don't have an answer as to what the issue is exporting from cinelerra to .m2v is, but I'll have more time after the weekend to look. Thanks for your help.

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.