[opensuse] Re: help forum no help getting printer to print
  • From: Jim Henderson <hendersj@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2011 17:34:45 +0000 (UTC)
On Wed, 05 Oct 2011 23:09:39 -0400, Felix Miata wrote:

After seeing "unable to open listen socket for address ::1:631 - Address
family not supported by protocol" in /var/log/cups/error_log, Google
told me goto
http://forums.opensuse.org/english/get-technical-help-here/install-boot-
login/408396-cups-deamon-not-accessable.html
and http://en.opensuse.org/SDB:GDI_Printers to figure out why I can't
print with my Canon GDI, but instead of help I just see the incompetent
results of incompetent site styles:
http://fm.no-ip.com/SS/opensuseforumsmess01.jpg

Can someone please fix the openSUSE web sites to use browser defaults
instead of mousetype so that this kind of mess doesn't keep happening?

If you can give us steps to reproduce, we'll look at it. It's not
helpful to use charged words like "incompetent", BTW. Nobody has ever
reported seeing something like this (that I can recall), and we have
thousands of users who use the site without issues.

I can't tell which browser you're using. Some details would be helpful,
along with when you tried to do this.

Jim

--
Jim Henderson