Re: [opensuse] cinelerra on 11.4 won't render though ffmpeg pipe. Work OK with mpeg2enc pipe??
On Wed, 05 Oct 2011 09:19:45 -0500
"David C. Rankin" <drankinatty@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 10/05/2011 09:17 AM, David C. Rankin wrote:
Carl,

I thought you were on to something :) But... switching all to
packman didn't change the error :( I installed the following:

cinelerra-2.1.5cv20110222-1.pm.27.14.x86_64
ffmpeg-0.8.5-0.pm.1.1.x86_64

Oh, by the way, my original packages were from videolan... They have
the same versions you have now. I'll give those a try.

Hi David,

Pardon the direct reply but I wanted to attach a trimmed screencap of
the repositories I have configured on my system.

Now that I think about it, I had the exact same problem with ffmpeg
some time ago. I was testing all the audio / video tools that I could
get my hands on, the goal being to reduce that collection to a core set
of 'tried and true' tools to learn and use.

I even wrote Packman's Cinelerra maintainer, who updated the code so it
would work with my nVidia card; he turned hardware acceleration 'on',
which was great :-) but in the process I learned that there are subtle
differences between some Packman and videolan packages. Each maintainer
is locked into these differences to maintain compatibility with their
respective package sets. He specifically told me not to 'mix and match'
between the two.

I'd bet you have a library pulled in from videolan that is conflicting
with one or more packages from Packman.

I would try removing both repositories, downgrading everything to
'stock' openSUSE and then adding Packman again to install these
packages.

hth & regards,

Carl