Re: [opensuse] Good literature on UNIX fundamentals
  • From: Jay Vollmer <jaycvollmer@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 3 Oct 2011 07:42:29 -0500
On Mon, Oct 3, 2011 at 7:02 AM, Haro de Grauw <me@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

That is how all unix works, not opensuse.

All this seems to indicate that learning some - a lot of - UNIX
fundamentals (there are many books and web sites) is in order here.

Agree. However, many books and websites out there are either hopelessly
outdated, or specifically focused on niche situations and/or other
distributions, or just plain crap.

Does anyone have any good suggestions here? Any specific website or book (I
always prefer books!) that you found helpful in learning how GNU/Linux/UNIX
works?

Almost anything by Mark Sobel is worthwhile.

--
JAY VOLLMER
I write technical manuals; therefore, I am a manual laborer