Re: [opensuse] howto get details of 1394 (firewire) device creation on camera plug-in (need BASH test)
  • From: Roger Oberholtzer <roger@xxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2011 08:17:58 +0200
It turns out we may be adding video to our system if we get a contract
in New Zealand. So perhaps I should take this chance to ask what kind of
camera you are using. We would be needing rather high-resolution (still
undefined). What formats do the cameras provide?

In the case of 1394 still image cameras, the cameras follow a standard
and provide images encoded as, say, YUV 4:4:2. Not JPEG or anything. We
do that after we capture the image.

I am guessing you do not do any sort of time encoding in the image. That
usually requires additional hardware. I have not even checked what 1394
video possibilities there are.

Yours sincerely,

Roger Oberholtzer

OPQ Systems / Ramböll RST