Re: [opensuse] Real World Sata-II disk-to-disk throughput? 77MB/sec is that about right?
On 09/25/2011 09:45 PM, Greg Freemyer wrote:
David,

3.0 gb/sec is a bus speed. Not a disk read/write speed.

I do a lot of disk to disk copies in linear read mode, but I think in terms of
GB/min.

So 2GB/min is not unusual for a slow laptop drive

The fastest I've seen is about 6GB/min. So that's about 100MB/sec.

Your speed seems good.

Greg

David, Greg, Haro,

Thanks, that's what I was looking for. Just a quick hack on being in the ball park. I've got no complaints about the throughput I was getting -- darn quick to push 13G from one drive to the other in less that 3 min. But, other than this video stuff, I haven't done much with really large files. Glad to know it looks good :)

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.