Re: [opensuse] what to put on a _small_ netbook
  • From: Steven Hess <flamebait@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Sep 2011 20:01:31 -0700
On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 3:24 PM, Tejas Guruswamy
<tejas.guruswamy@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

On 23/09/11 11:31, Silviu Marin-Caea wrote:

On 09/21/2011 04:18 PM, Anton Aylward wrote:

Maybe there's a more elegant way to disable those other than just
erasing them. If anyone knows how, please share with the list.

Don't I wish!

We need a KDE4 that's independent of nepomuk/akonadi.
Not everyone wants to use the kmail/kpim

While nepomuk is not something you'd want on a low RAM system, if you have a
modern system, it's not that bad.

The guy developing nepomuk is going through a rough economic patch, he has a
donations page up http://pledgie.com/campaigns/16020

He is Sebastian Trueg, he had developed k3b, and now nepomuk.  He deserves a
bit of help.

Also in return for the donations, he has promised to fix (really fix, not
just mark INVALID) every single nepomuk bug on bugs.kde.org; so

   1) Donate so he can continue to do this great work
   2) If you are experiencing problems with nepomuk, file bugs so he can fix
them!

Regards,
Tejas

It's to bad he is only using moneybrokers to accept payments to his
donation fund. In the USA bank transfers are not as simple or cheap as
they are in Europe. I donate almost exclusively via Paypal adding a
bit to cover Paypals cut.