Re: [opensuse] different types of shell scripts
Hello,

On Fri, 23 Sep 2011, sc wrote:
On Friday, September 23, 2011 16:02:28 Philipp Thomas wrote:

No. A normal user has '.' in his/her path by default, as you
can check by doing 'echo $PATH'. The user root doesn't have
'.' in PATH for the reasons I wrote.

i'll take issue with that last -- i was always told it is
dangerous and scary to put '.' in path, and have never seen a
distribution (in my limited experience) that puts it there by
default

==== /etc/sysconfig/suseconfig [SUSE 11.4/64bit] ====
#
# Do you want to have "." in root path? This is not recommended, but
# many people do prefer it (yes/no). The setting affects all system
# users (with uid < 100)
#
CWD_IN_ROOT_PATH="no"

## Type: yesno
## Default: yes
#
# Do you want to have "." in the path for normal users?
# Defaults to "yes" since this has been the case for years.
#
CWD_IN_USER_PATH="no"
====

I'm not 100% sure if that's the 11.4 default, as this is an upgrade
from 11.1 via 11.2 and that file might have been kept.

HTH,
-dnh

--
"No one goes mad quicker than a totally sane person."
-- Terry Pratchett, The Light Fantastic, p. 193