Re: [opensuse] weird url behavior
On Friday, September 23, 2011 03:06:29 Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:

Am 23.09.2011 09:40, schrieb sc:
i don't know if i messed with the wrong setting, or an
update horked my firefox, but lately when i click an url in
an email or a usenet posting the site gets copied to

/var/tmp/kdecache-{USER}/krun/{arbitrary-digits}

and then firefox opens it as file:///var/tmp...

instead of opening the url in firefox directly

any clues what causes this?

I cannot help you for real but I can tell you that Firefox has
nothing to do with it.
Firefox opens the url it gets from <whatever>.
Since the file is copied to /var/tmp/kdecache-{USER} and
opened from there this is not a Firefox action as it wouldn't
know about that location at all.
That is a KDE question.

thanx wolfgang, i'll try again on the kde list

sc