Re: SOLVED: [opensuse] Re: PDF in Firefox not working on 11.3
Carlos E. R. wrote:
On Friday, 2011-09-23 at 12:10 +0200, Wolfgang Rosenauer wrote:
The Acrobat Plugin in Firefox is unstable since years. Not sure what
the reason is but it often fails to display anything and the acrobat
process is dead afterwards. I see that issue since Firefox exists and
long ago stopped using the plugin.

Unfortunately, some applications out there require acrobat - like
forms or signed files. What I do is kill the parent of the dead
acrobat (not FF, the wrapper) and try again.

Yes but its specifically the plugin that is most unreliable, rather than
the reader application or even acrobat itself. So avoiding having FF
use the plugin avoids most problems, if you can put up with the
inconvenience.