Re: [opensuse] what to put on a _small_ netbook
On 09/21/2011 04:18 PM, Anton Aylward wrote:
Silviu Marin-Caea said the following on 09/21/2011 09:02 AM:
So the trick is to disable Nepomuk in KDE Desktop Configuration/Desktop
Search, then proceed to erase RPMs like kontact, kmail, kaddressbook,
libnepomuk/akonadi and reboot until those processes are not started
anymore.

That seems to take out firefox, k3b and large amounts of KDE.

While I wasn't very precise in listing the RPMs that have to be erased, I can tell you that it can be done. I did it twice, on two computers.

The end result is to not have those processes running.

For that you don't need to actually erase akonadi/nepomuk libraries but to erase the programs using them. To do that you only _attempt_ to erase libraries and you get a list of "required by". Then you erase some of the stuff in that list.

Erasing plasma-addons is not that bad.. it doesn't erase all of them! However, this package has to go, otherwise those processes pop up again.