Re: [opensuse] weird url behavior
On Fri, 23 Sep 2011 02:40:03 -0500
sc <toothpik@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

i don't know if i messed with the wrong setting, or an update
horked my firefox, but lately when i click an url in an email
or a usenet posting the site gets copied to

/var/tmp/kdecache-{USER}/krun/{arbitrary-digits}

and then firefox opens it as file:///var/tmp...

instead of opening the url in firefox directly

any clues what causes this?

sc

First clue must be "messed with the wrong setting" :-) since you are
the only one experiencing this and we all receive the same updates.

Start by identifying your version and 'flavor' of openSUSE when posting
a question.

List your version of Firefox when posting questions

State where that version came from (openSUSE repository? .bin
installer? tarball? etc)

Describe what you've done that may have caused the problem in the first
place (hint: "messed with the wrong setting" doesn't cut it)

Describe any steps you've already taken to a) research the problem
and/or b) fix it

regards,

Carl