fetchmail tip (was Re: [opensuse] Dovecot 2.0)
On 09/22/2011 09:28 AM, James Knott wrote:
James Knott wrote:
I have even tried manually logging with with telnet local host 143. Below is
an example of the one ID that works "jknott" and one that doesn't "mailtest".
I can log into the server, via ssh or su - from my own account to mailtest and
other IDs.

I've found the fix. I had to add "mail_location =
mbox:~/mail:INBOX=/var/spool/mail/%u" to dovecot.conf.

Now to get fetchmail going.

AARGH, should have caught it, I think the default for 2.0 is 'mbox:~/Mail...'

What I do with fetchmail is set up the user ~/.fetchmailrc as:

poll mail.3111skyline.com protocol IMAP : user david with password ********** ssl sslfingerprint "A2:6B:1A:F3:F6:2D:58:75:F4:33:B8:91:AB:C1:09:27"

<ALL ONE LINE - pw and fingerprint changed to protect the innocent>

To get the correct sslfingerprint, just run:

fetchmail -cv

from the command line after generating the dovecot certs. fetchmail will show you the fingerprint it is expecting. Just use that for the fingerprint in ~/.fetchmailrc

--
David C. Rankin, J.D.,P.E.