Re: [opensuse] mount question
  • From: "Carlos E. R." <robin.listas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 00:37:32 +0200 (CEST)

On Wednesday, 2011-09-21 at 18:13 -0400, Carl Hartung wrote:

This is what prompted my original reply to check the settings
in /etc/sysconfig ... I realize now that Istvan's experience and
circumstances are quite different, but the 'stickiness' of certain
gnome desktop items, as unwanted artifacts when I returned to kde, was
similar. This may be different now, but I learned back then to always
use YaST's /etc/sysconfig editor to switch both items when wanting to
change desktops. That procedure avoided unwanted artifacts / behaviors.

That should not be necessary, I have users (myself with different names) with kde and others with gnome. Both work right with the same sysconfig values - even at the same time.

However, if you are running gnome, close it, and then use the same user with kde, sometimes you get interactions, because not all tasks from the previous session die in time.

- -- Cheers,
Carlos E. R.
(from 11.4 x86_64 "Celadon" at Telcontar)